Dave Razzano is a former NFL scout and Playmaker Mobile correspondent with more than 22 years of professional scouting experience with the San Francisco 49ers, St. Louis Rams and Arizona Cardinals under NFL coaches including Bill Walsh, George Seifert, Chuck Knox and Dick Vermeil. He's been a part of five Super Bowls with three Super Bowl wins (49ers, 1989, 1990; Rams, 2000).
1) QB Kevin Kolb – Though Kolb is on the upswing, this is precisely why the Eagles were so eager to add the dynamic Michael Vick. Will not hurt Philly’s chances at all in the short term.
2) LB Stewart Bradley – Unquestioned leader of the linebacker unit, there will be a big drop off with back up Omar Gaither in the line up.
3) FB Leonard Weaver – No problem. Free agent pick up Owen Scmitt can be just as effective. Fullbacks continue to be a dime a dozen.
Green Bay Packers
1) RB Ryan Grant – Big drop off going from solid starter Grant to fringe back up Brandon Jackson. Packers still have enough weapons to score but the running game will suffer without Grant.
New York Jets
1) NT Kris Jenkins – Not a big loss with the presence of 330 pound Sione Pouha, who can most definitely hold the point of attack and whose primary job will be to occupy blockers to free up LB’s David Harris and Bart Scott. Jets Defense is good enough to withstand the loss of a couple key starters.
1) QB Matt Stafford – It is a huge loss anytime a team loses a franchise type passer. With the Eagles, Vikings and Packers coming up, Stafford must get healthy fast. The gritty veteran Shaun Hill is an adequate short term fill in.
New York Giants
1) TE Kevin Boss - I have never been a big fan of the slow-footed Boss. Travis Beckum is a capable back up with solid receiving skill, though his blocking is only adequate and this will be a negative for the Giants ground game.
1) Bob Sanders - The Colts went 14-2 last season without Sanders. Though a very good player, Melvin Bullitt is a very capable back up.
St. Louis Rams
1) TE Mike Hoomanawanui - This 5th round find is a big loss for young QB Sam Bradford. This player has a lot of ability and needs to get healthy fast. The Rams backup TE’s, Billy Bajema and Dan Fells are both marginal NFL talents.