Louis Ceaser IV, Playmaker Intern
- DONOVAN MCNABB: Coach Mike Shanahan benched DM5 Sunday in the second half of the game due to "McNabb's weak cardiovascular system," when the Redskins were down by 6, late with two-minutes to go. Back-up, QB Rex Grossman was not effective; the Redskins lost to the Detroit Lions, 37-25. Michael Wilbon of ESPN and The Washington Post wrote that Coach Shanahan has so far publicly berated both his starting quarterback and defensive lineman in just a matter of months.
- JONATHAN VILMA: JV and the Saints answered Jerome Bettis's criticism Sunday, beating the Steelers, 20-10. Vilma recorded 8 combined tackles, including 2 assists and a 1 sack. Saints QB, had a great game as well, connecting for 20 of 22 passes in the 2nd half; complete with two fourth quarter touchdowns. After securing a much needed win, the Saints look to pounce on the one-win Panthers this Sunday.
- MICHAEL ROBINSON: According to Rotoworld, M-Rob was inactive for Seattle's game against the Raiders. Seattle lost to the Raiders 33-3.
- BRANDON JENNINGS: Milwaukee snagged their first win of the season, beating the Charlotte Bobcats, 98-80 on Saturday. Jennings recorded 20 points, including 10 rebounds and10 assists.
- RAJON RONDO: Mike Petraglia of WEEI writes that Rajon Rondo won Eastern Player of the Week and the Celtic's Halloween costume contest. RR dressed up as Tiger Woods. LOL.
- YAO MING: Moisekapenda Bower of FoxSportsHouston.com writes that the Houston Rockets are still getting used to Yao's limited minutes. Yao got a thunderous applause from Rocket fans; a thank you for a healthy return. Unfortunately, Yao's homecoming was eventually spoiled as the Rockets lost to the Nuggets, 107-94.
- STEVE NASH: The Suns couldn't beat the defending World Champs on the road and lost to LA, 114-106 on Friday. It was a hush-hush night for Nash who recorded only 8 points, 9 assists, 1 steal and 2 rebounds.
- GREG ODEN: The Trailblazer's center took a walk for Maurice Lucas in Chicago today to honor his mentor's request. Lucas, who is a former Blazer legend and assistant coach, mentored Oden up to his passing from cancer.
- Congratulations to the San Francisco Giants, 2010 Word Series Champions!